Background

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Did you hear? There's a new kid at school.

When developing this blog, I couldn't help but feel like the new kid at school. Walking through the hallways of an enormous building and acting like I know where I'm headed, when my insides are actually screaming for a map. Since blogging has been around for years now, someone like me, who enjoys social media and has a career in public relations and marketing, should have started blogging during freshmen orientation at college. Well a few years later, I'm just now jumping on the bandwagon, so bare with me if it takes a few posts and layout changes to fully grasp the purpose of my blog.

Though I'm not sure I have a real purpose. I don't plan to use this blog as a place to be an advocate for a particular issue (though I'm sure the occasional need to will arise), I just want a place to let my thoughts run wild from my restless mind without talking some poor victim's ear off. Do you know what its like to constantly think about things? I mean lists and lists of random thoughts popping up in your head all day long - nonstop - even when you lay down to sleep? Let me tell you, it can be frustrating. But I have to admit, having a mind that seems to never relax really helps with creativity and brainstorming. I do some of my best thinking and writing at night when I should be resting and relaxing.

So here's to my first blog and first post! I might not be that interesting, but I have a lot of new life paths and turns coming my way, so stay tuned and take the journey with me. I might not always have new story, but I can promise to always have a random thought from My Restless Mind!



No comments:

Post a Comment